Electric Fireplaces FAQ
Nov 11th 2021
Here at Fireside Appliance, we understand that shopping for a new fireplace is a major investment that you want to get right the first time. We want to make sure that you have the support you need every step of the way to make the right decision. If you’re looking into an electric fireplace for your home, chances are that you have a few important questions like, “how do electric fireplaces work?”. To make your buying journey simpler, let’s dive into a few common electric fireplace FAQs to help you feel more confident when you find a model that you can envision in your home.
How Do Electric Fireplaces Work?
Electric fireplaces produce heat through electricity rather than through alternative fuel options like wood or gas. Generally, these types of fireplaces will feature realistic accessories ( like fireplace logs) or LED screens that emulate the look and feel of a real wood-burning fireplace. As it is with gas or wood fireplaces, finding the right electric fireplace for your home will depend on what type of experience you’re looking for and what models meet the vision that you have for the interior of your home.
Why Choose an Electric Fireplace Over a Traditional Wood-Burning or Gas Fireplace?
Now that we’ve answered the question, “how do electric fireplaces work?”, the next question is often, “why should I choose electric over wood or gas?”. For homeowners who prefer convenience when it comes to their heating systems, there are numerous reasons to choose top-rated electric fireplaces instead of wood or gas. Some of the benefits that accompany electric fireplaces include:
- More Environmentally Friendly: Wood-burning fireplaces produce a lot of carbon emissions, which can be a major downside for homeowners who are looking to reduce their carbon footprint and be more environmentally conscious. Electric fireplaces, on the other hand, produce no smoke as they run entirely on the energy in your home. If the environment is important to you, chances are you will benefit far more from installing an electric fireplace in your home.
- Easy to Install and Replace: Rather than having to go through the hassle of tearing down and installing a new fireplace any time you want to try something new, all you have to do is unplug your old model and plug in your new one. Once you have a space carved out for your electric fireplace, it’s as simple as this.
- Look and Feel of Fire Without the Hassle: Once you’ve answered the question, “how do electric fireplaces work?” it’s easy to see why you might choose this option over a wood-burning or gas fireplace. Electric fireplaces offer you a similar experience to the latter models without the hassle of having to tend to a live fire or having to regularly clean and maintain your fireplace. Just turn it on when you want to warm your space and dust it occasionally!
- Safer for Families: If you have children or dogs, the last thing you want is for them to get too close to the flames. Electric fireplaces eliminate the potential for accidents by getting rid of the open flames while still providing the same cozy warmth.
- Heats Your Space More Effectively: Because there’s no smoke being produced by electric models, all of the heat that’s produced by your electric fireplace is fully dispersed into your living area. This results in less heat and energy loss so that you get the full benefits your new fireplace has to offer.
What Types of Electric Fireplaces Are There?
When you begin shopping our extensive collection of fireplace models, you will discover that there’s a wide range of products to choose from to fit your unique style and needs. If you’re looking for something modern that easily blends into your space, you can choose a model like the Modern Flames Landscape Pro. If you want a realistic wood-burning fireplace, you may prefer the look and feel of a Dimplex model. If you want something that actually looks like a fireplace with the mantlepiece and everything ready to install into your living room, you should go with the Dimplex Winston.
No matter what type of look and feel you want to achieve, you can find a model that meets your needs!
How Do I Find the Right Electric Fireplace?
Once you understand the basics of “how do electric fireplaces work?”, the next step is to find the right one to install in your home. But where do you get started? Here at Fireside Appliance, we have an extensive selection of high-quality electric fireplaces to choose from, and with added benefits of lower prices, our 30-day price match guarantee, convenient delivery options, installation options for local orders, as well as financing options. If you’re ready to make a new electric fireplace a part of your living space, speak to a sales expert and we’ll work with you to pick out the perfect fireplace to keep your home warm and inviting.